Situated at the foot of the stelvio pass, this town which dates back to roman times is a popular destination for skiers and non skiers alike. the large town was host to the World ski championships in 1985 and the World ski finals in 1995, and overflows with charm and a sense of history. While rambling through the maze of narrow streets you will find cool shops, fashionable restaurants and stylish boutiques.
Skiing in Bormio
The large ski area boasts one of the Alps biggest vertical descents – from 3000m summit to the valley floor at 1,225m. beginners will generally commence skiing at Bormio 2000 where there are many nursery slopes before proceeding to Cima Bianca at 3000m. The wide open slopes are excellent for intermediates wanting to cruise the mountain, with many reds and blues at Cima Bianca, the favourite being the Stelvio World Cup downhill course. Advanced skiers will enjoy the steep blacks and the 4km red down to the resort. 110km of pistes make up the skiing in this snow sure high altitude resort.
Indoor Sports Centre
Take a dip in the indoor swimming pool, have fun in the ice skating rink or enjoy a bit of exercise in the gym – all of this and more is available in the indoor sports centre!
Enjoy Ice skating at the ‘Ice Palace’ for an ideal apres-ski activity.
Disco night is always a highlight for the students with plenty of dancing and socialising with their fellow classmates.
Pizza night allows the group to kick back and relax with some delicious pizza!
- Return flights
- Transfers to/from airport to hotel
- 7 nights bed & breakfast
- 7 evening meals
- 6 day lift pass for designated area
- 6 day ski & boot hire
- 6 day helmet hire
- 20kg Baggage Allowance
- 1:10 free place ratio
- Travel VAT
- 6 day x 2hrs (ROI) or 4hrs ski lessons (NI/UK)*
- Bag carriage on outbound and return flights
- All Irish/UK & applicable foreign airport/ passenger tax
- Comprehensive standard ski travel insurance
- Airport & resort representation
* Based on typical packages, some may vary. In Norway, ski lessons are 6 x 90mins (ROI) or 6 x 180mins (GB) and Northern Ireland