The small hamlet of Biberwier makes up part of the Zugspitze ski arena and nestles between the larger resorts of Ehrwald and Lermoos. It is a picturesque village with its church being the main feature. Most shops and other amenities are found in the larger resorts closeby. The Hotel McTirol, formerly The Cube sits directly on the slopes of the Biberwier ski area, 5 minutes walk from the village centre.
Skiing in Biberwier
The hotel is located on the beginners slopes and therefore makes it easy for beginners for the first couple of days while they are trying to find their feet. Your lift pass permits you to ski the full Zugspitze area and entitles you to use any of the 9 ski areas in the Zugspitze Ski Circuit and Garmisch which totals over 200km of piste. The areas of Lermoos, Sonnenhang, Ehrwalder Alm and Berwang are all within a 10-15 minute journey of your hotel. All in all a fantastic ski area for all grades of skiers.
Although the village of Biberwier offers very little in the way of après ski, many après-ski possibilities are available in the two resorts closeby. There is a superb sports complex in Ehrwald which boasts an outdoor ice-skating rink, indoor tennis and swimming pool. Local discos can also be found in both resorts as can tobogganning and every week there is a fabulous ski show in neighbouring Lermoos. The hotel itself also offers many apres ski possibilites.
- Return flights
- Transfers to/from airport to hotel
- 7 nights bed & breakfast
- 7 evening meals
- 6 day lift pass for designated area
- 6 day ski & boot hire
- 6 day helmet hire
- 20kg Baggage Allowance
- 1:10 free place ratio
- Travel VAT
- 6 day x 2hrs (ROI) or 4hrs ski lessons (NI/UK)*
- Bag carriage on outbound and return flights
- All Irish/UK & applicable foreign airport/ passenger tax
- Comprehensive standard ski travel insurance
- Airport & resort representation
* Based on typical packages, may vary. In Norway, ski lessons are 6 x 90mins (ROI) or 6 x 180mins(UK).